Sunday, July 17, 2011

Leave Casey Anthony Alone

It really saddens me that people who claim to be constitution supporting Americans believe that if their opinion differs from a jury they are free to harass, threaten, and denigrate a person who was found not guilty by a jury of her peers. I don't agree with the verdict but I DO respect the process and the verdict of her peers. My disagreement does not entitle me to persecute this person or the jury through any means including social bullying on Facebook, or Twitter or anywhere else.

If you are a constitution supporting American then you must respect the system that tells us we are all innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The system is not perfect but it is certainly better than Mexico where you are guilty until proven innocent.

Consider this, would you want the Attorney General Eric Holder to function under a system that  says we are guilty until proven innocent? Would you want police to act with illegal immigrants under a guilty first system?

I suspect that both progressive liberals and conservatives would all find something horribly wrong with that type of system.

So unless you have EVIDENCE of another crime committed by Casey Anthony then you must let her live her life as an innocent American.

2 comments:

DBJohnson said...

I agree with you and place the blame of that wrong verdict on our society rather than the system.

What is your take on the government's actions with the TSA that violates the Fourth Amendmenr and makes the assumption of "guilty until proven innocent"?

Sir Elric said...

Hi DBJohnson,

It would appear to me that the Exigent Cuircumstance in United States Law would apparently allow for the TSA activities today.

Look at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exigent_circumstances

My personal opinion is that the Supreme Court must way in on this topic and I hope they will soon. Further it is my opinion that the processes used by Isreali airport security are vastly superior to what the TSA does currently.