Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Oh My God! I might leave Xbox for PS3!

Ok, many of you know I am an avid Xbox 360 and XboxLive gamer. I really love playing online games and video games in general. So much so that I also travel with my Xbox 360 and play from my motorhome over wifi and from hotels on business trips. Here is where the problem comes in. Many wifi providers require IE browser to authenticate into the wifi network. THE XBOX 360 HAS NO WEB BROWSER! So I get stuck offline about 90% of the time. Well according to this writeup the PS3 will have that browser I need.

Unlike the Xbox 360, the PlayStation will incorporate a browser so that gamers can surf the web via their console.

If I can surf the web then I can get access to those browser login pages I need to use to gain wifi network access.

Please Microsoft, please, please, add browser support so I can use IE on the Xbox 360 to log into wifi networks and then play my heart out.

1 comment:

Steven said...

The Wii's gonna have one, and for a whole lot less money than the PS. You're not gonna go Nintendo-Fanboy on us are you?