Saturday, January 08, 2005

I don't use iTunes Music Store for the reasons stated in law suit

I have been purchasing music online for about a year now and I chose to use Napster over iTunes because it provided me the flexibility to use the portable music player that I wanted to use. No it does not work with the iPod but this is because Apple does not want it to happen. I like iPod its a very cool portable music player but I also like options and with iTunes music store I did not get options I only get one choice, the iPod.

I know many will disagree and give me dribble about Apple being the Cadillac of computing technology, baulderdash. This issue is not about a better car, its about designing a specific restriction into the car such that you can only buy a car stereo from Cadillac. Something that Ford was once sued for doing.

I agree with the position this consumer is taking, Apple has no reason to have built restrictions into iTunes downloads other than to prevent consumer choice through use of a monopoly position, something I think they have accused Microsoft of for a long time.


No comments: