Thursday, May 07, 2009

Duke Nukem Forever is Never - MIA not KIA

Well it seems that Joel Siegler (See his comment on my "Duke Nukem Forever is not happening" blog entry) was pretty close to dead wrong. As I stated in that post 3D Realms is, in my opinion, incompetent in its approach to delivering Duke Nukem Forever. And it seems news releases have now come very close to confirming that I was right and Joel was wrong about the potential for Duke Nukem Forever to ever see the light of day.

See this article

The really sad part here is that if 3D Realms had been only reasonably competent in their approach to delivering products to their customers it is likely they would still be in business. I suggested before and I still believe their best approach is to license the Duke Nukem property to a company that is actually competent in creating, testing, and delivering good video games to their customers. Perhaps Bungie or Infinity Ward?

Very sad that these guys, in my opinion, let arrogance destroy their company. The arrogance that said "when it's done". Think about how much customers were crying out to own this game, I would refer you to their forum but the 3D Realms website is already shut down, and it's pretty obvious the game would have been a significant money maker.

But perhaps playing World of Warcraft was just a higher priority for them.

I certainly hope someone picks up the Duke franchise.

No comments: