Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Xbox Live is Poisoning Your Children

As many of you know I am an avid gamer and play many games online through Xbox Live. The games I play are mostly rated M for Mature meaning adult only, sort of like an X rating on movies. What I find surprising is the number of very young children I hear playing these games which are extremely brutal with significant foul language. The game is actually the tame part of the experience for children under 17. The really vulgar part of the experience is many of the people on live. You hear people, including many young children, curse and degrade players with terms like Mother Fucker, Gay asshole, and nigger. Yes I used the N word because outside of some movie use Xbox live is the only place I hear children calling other people these terms. Your children are learning hate, foul language, and how to degrade others if they are playing on Xbox Live. Every parent that allows their child to play online must sit-in and listen to what they are experiencing. Many parents I am sure would immediately cut the network cable if they knew what was really going on. Here are some other things I hear all to often when playing games online.

You fucking newbie, go play with yourself you motherfucker

Your a God damn nigger you fuck!

Yea I raped your mother too shit head!

That's right asshole I tea bagged you!

Your so fucking gay

And trust me this is just the tip of vulgar iceberg. Parents listen to what is going on and take control before your child thinks calling people niggers or motherfuckers is acceptable.

No comments: